While there are so many things to love about fall, one of the things we’re most excited about is the abundance of crisp autumn colors! Because the rich shades of changing fall foliage are only here for a few months of the year, we happen to think they’re the perfect choices when it comes to painting and home decor pieces.
If you and your customers are looking for chic colors for the fall season, here are some of the trendiest and most complimentary hues for autumn 2015.
- Cool and crisp, a dusty blue shade is one of the most versatile colors to use in the home year-round but is especially gorgeous in autumn. Because the color is quite muted, it’s the perfect accompaniment for traditional autumn tones like cranberry or woodsy browns. Whether used in the living room, bathroom or kitchen, this shade can be carried through to all seasons and is completely elevated when paired with soft winter whites.
- Reminiscent of the natural hue in changing leaves, rich and lively mustard is one of the ultimate colors for fall. Deep and endlessly eye-catching, mustard yellow is one of those autumn shades that has the power to completely change the mood and ambiance of any room in the home. Because it’s a dominant tone, we suggest pairing it with neutrals for a balanced look.
- An all-time favorite for all types of designers, burgundy is quickly becoming one of the front-runners for fashion, weddings and home decor. With a tone deeper and richer than marsala, luxurious burgundy is a sophisticated color that’s sure to pass the test of time. To create balance, this color is best as a stand-alone or paired with white or cream.
- Chic and earthy, we’re loving the look of olive green this fall. When paired with warm browns and cool whites, this elegant shade will add a soft, Zen-like ambiance to your home. Perfect for bedrooms and living rooms, this shade is a chic and trendy way to make your home a calm retreat for the autumn season.
- One of the ultimate looks of sophistication, dark grey is a shade that is at its absolute best when paired with pops of bright color. If you’re looking for a fabulous way to utilize this color for fall 2015, we love the idea of using it as an exterior with an orange or burgundy door. Because dark grey is moody and mysterious, the pop of autumn tones will make it unique and completely unforgettable.