Posted by: Diane Capuano
Do you have what it takes to be the next Design Star?
HGTV is now casting for the sixth season of this reality competition TV show. The network is looking for individuals who have extensive design knowledge, a personality that “pops,” a passion for design, an abundance of energy and enthusiasm as well as a clear and unique design perspective. If this sounds like you, here’s how you apply:
1. Send in a home video. For instructions on how to submit a home video, visit the show’s website. The deadline for video submissions is Jan. 15, 2011.
2. Attend an open casting call at one of the following three locations.
• Atlanta on Saturday, Jan. 8, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., W. Atlanta Midtown, 188 14th St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30361.
• New York City, Saturday, Jan. 8, 10 a.m. – 1 -.m., New York Design Center, 200 Lexington Ave., New York, NY 10016.
• Philadelphia, Monday, Jan. 10, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Embassy Suites, 1776 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
You are asked to bring an application, two photos of yourself and a portfolio of your work to the casting call.
The winner of the reality competition gets to host his or her own series on HGTV. For more information, visit the website or email email@example.com.